Thursday, February 5, 2009

Seagull bags

I thought it would be a good idea for you guys to get familar with some of the sponsors for the sprint series, just incase you haven't heard of them. Get in the know cats:

Seagull Bags specializes in waterproof, high-quality custom courier bags. What began as one guy in a basement trying to build the perfect bag has grown into a respected but low-profile maker of custom messenger gear. While our bags have gained international acclaim for their durability, smart design and custom embroidery and artwork, our staff is small enough to lend close personal attention to every order; we pride ourselves on working directly with you to build a bag exactly to your specifications.

My name is Daniel McKewen. I started Seagull in 2003 because I had an idea for the Perfect Courier Bag, and rather than waiting for someone to read my mind and make it for me, I decided to do it myself. After spending hundreds of hours tweaking my design and refining my sewing skills, I had a product I was proud of. I now offer my bags in many shapes and sizes, each designed with the same close personal care as the initial ones I made for my friends, family and own use.

Our designs are completely original, and we work very hard to offer you something completely different from the other guys’. From our 3-ply construction to our original strap designs, we are trying to change the way that people think about messenger-style bags. Our cam buckle strap system is one of a kind, and despite a lot of companies now having strangely similar systems (and weirdly coincidental constructions), ours is the original; our designs are all time-tested and are constantly refined, because we want each bag to be the best bag we’ve ever made.

As demand for our bags has increased, the company and our catalog has grown by leaps and bounds. John, Maika, Kelly, Adam and I are putting out a record number of high-quality bags, all still handmade in Columbus, Ohio. We’ve been lucky enough to travel all over the world, open our own storefront/workshop, and sponsor and provide prize bags for many of the world’s premiere courier races†. In the process, we’ve met a lot of awesome people, and those friendships are what we love most of all.

If you see me riding around, please introduce yourself. I am 6’6” with red beard and a crusty white track bike. You can’t miss me.

Go check the site out:
seagullbags.com

No comments:

Post a Comment